BOOTERSTOWN, a parish and village partly in Dublin barony, but chiefly in that of Rathdown, Dublin county, three miles S.E. from the General Post Office, Dublin, comprising an area of 541 acres, of which 54 are occupied by the village. Population of parish, 3,318; of village, 698, inhabiting 117 houses. It is situate on the south shore of Dublin bay, close to the line of Kingstown Railway, of which it is the second station from Dublin, and on the road to King and Bray, and nearly continuous with Williamstown village on one side, and Merrion on the other.
Its buildings, are, a neat Church, with Square tower and pinnacles, and lofty spire, a large
Roman Catholic Chapel, and a Convent of the Sisters of Mercy, where upwards of 200 poor children
are instructed. A Loan Fund in 1845 with a capital of £29, circulated within the year £377, leaving
a profit of £7 10s for the management, &c. There is a Dispensary, Parochial and National Schools,
a Dorcas Society, and Metropolitan Police Station. At the Railway Station, which is a neat building
in the Elizabethan style, the ordinary trains Stop every half hour. Ample accommodations is afforded
for sea bathing by the Railway Company.
The Dublin mail arrives at 30 minutes past 8 A.m., at 1, at 30 minutes past 6, and at 8, P.m.; and is despatched at 30 minutes past 6, and at 11, A.M., at 3, and at 30 minutes past 5, P.M. The Post Office grant and pay money orders.