New SearchFilter Set to Year :1700+
1700Presbyterian meeting-house in Plunket-st. erected. Pue's Occurrences, the first Dublin newspaper, published. 
1701Equestrian statue of King William erected in College-green, on the anniversary of the battle of the Boyne. Patrick-street and its vicinity much damaged by an inundation of the Poddle. 
1703The corporation of Dublin marched through the city with their pageants, at an entertainment given to the Duke and Duchess of Ormond by His magistrates at the Tholsel. 
1704The foundations laid of the Foundling Hospital Workhouse, and Royal Barracks. Castle Market built on the site of old St. Andrew's Church, and opened by the civic authorities by beat of drum. 
1705The society of the Ouzel Galley, for deciding mercantile controversies, instituted. 
1707The Custom-house at Essex-bridge commenced. Interest of money reduced from ten to eight per cent. St. Patrick's, commonly called Marsh's Library. founded. St. Anne's Church, Dawson-street, commenced; and St. Nicholas Within, Nicholas-street, erected. The Ballast board incorporated. 
1708St. Luke's Church, on the Coombe, erected. 
1711The council-chamber, treasury, with many of the records belonging to it, burnt. A convocation held, in which some new canons were ordained. 
1715A severe frost. 
1716A violent storm did great injury in the city. Others occurred in several years following. 

Page 1 (of 61)Next Page >