New SearchFilter Set to Year :1760+
1761St. Catherine's Church, Thomas-street, built. 
1762The north side of Merrion-square began to be built. 
1763Arran-bridge carried away by an inundation. 
1764Foundation of the Queen's-bridge, on the site Arran-bridge, and of Poolbeg light-house laid. 
1765Grand Canal Company formed; capital £200,000. 
1766Hibernian Society for soldiers' orphans, and the Marine Society for mariners' orphans instituted. Methodist widows' house, Whitefriar-street, built. 
1767Magdalen Asylum, Leeson-street, for female penitents open. 
1768Act passed to limit the duration of parliament to eight years. The light-house of Poolbeg finished. 
1769Hibernian Hospital, Phoenix-park, began to be built. A spire erected on the steeple of St. Werburgh's Church. Foundation of the Royal Exchange, Cork-hill, laid. St. Catherine's Church opened. 
1770The foundation of the Meath Hospital, on the Coombe, of the Hibernian Marine School, Rogerson's quay, and of the Wesleyan Methodists' meeting-house, Hendrick-street, laid. 

Page 1 (of 58)Next Page >