New Search 
1691The officers taken at Aughrim sent from Dublin to Chester. A severe frost in January and February. 
1692The King and Queen's College of Physicians incorporated by charter. The meeting-house of the Society of Friends, Eustace-street, built. 
1695The rates of foreign coin fixed by proclamation. The Four Courts in Christ-church lane rebuilt. The rolls of King James's parliament publicly burnt. 
1696A packet boat, with eighty passengers, lost at Sutton, in Howth; the captain and a boy only saved. 
1697The old parish of St. Michan, which included all the city north of the Liffey, divided into those of new St. Michan's, St. Paul's, and St. Mary's; and churches erected in the two latter by a tax on the inhabitants. Act passed for erecting lamps through the city. Bartholomew Van Homrigh, then lord mayor, obtained from William III. a royal donative of a collar of SS., in lieu of that lost in 1688. It has a miniature likeness of the royal donor attached to it. £3,000 granted to enlarge the buildings of Trinity College. Peace with France proclaimed in Dublin. 
1698The courts of justice transferred to the new buildings in Christ-church lane. The church in lower Temple-street, commonly called Little George's, erected. 
1700Presbyterian meeting-house in Plunket-st. erected. Pue's Occurrences, the first Dublin newspaper, published. 
1701Equestrian statue of King William erected in College-green, on the anniversary of the battle of the Boyne. Patrick-street and its vicinity much damaged by an inundation of the Poddle. 
1703The corporation of Dublin marched through the city with their pageants, at an entertainment given to the Duke and Duchess of Ormond by His magistrates at the Tholsel. 
1704The foundations laid of the Foundling Hospital Workhouse, and Royal Barracks. Castle Market built on the site of old St. Andrew's Church, and opened by the civic authorities by beat of drum. 

< Previous PagePage 29 (of 90)Next Page >